McGill University hosts their Tenth Annual McGill Conference on International Aviation Liability and Insurance on June 22 through June 23, 2017. This event brings together world-leading aviation liability and insurance experts to address recent developments in aviation liability and insurance, liability of airlines, airports, maintenance providers & ANSPs, products liability of Manufacturers and lessors of aircraft, engines & component parts, governmental liability, and more.
On the first day of the conference, June 22, Brandt Madsen participates in a breakout session discussing products liability. Brandt and his co-presenters will discuss:
- Does governmental certification preempt tort claims?
- Recoverable damages
- The conflict between North American and European courts
- TCAS, Autopilot and Automation
- Will we see more use of the Hague Convention on Products Liability?
- Is there Liability Exposure for Foul Cabin Air and Radiation?
- What is the liability for the use of counterfeit parts