IIT/Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2006
Michigan State University, B.A., 2000
The laws surrounding immigration are constantly evolving. U.S. companies need to be aware of the changing immigration compliance requirements with regard to employment authorization and the Form I-9. When employers need assistance with employment authorization compliance, Sara is their first call.
Sara is an employment attorney handling immigration workplace enforcement, wage and hour issues and discrimination issues for her clients. Sara routinely works with clients on needs relating to I-9 audits, I-9 and E-Verify compliance, workplace enforcement counseling, defense of governmental immigration related audits and defense of discrimination claims relating to immigration status.
Sara also focuses her practice on governmental wage and hour audits, wage and hour single plaintiff claims and class action claims nationwide. Sara effectively and efficiently assists her clients in analyzing potential damages and defenses in wage and hour matters along with swift resolution of such claims.
Additionally, she handles matters relating to employment discrimination and retaliation claims.
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars": 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: American Immigration Lawyers Association; Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM); Illinois Fox Valley SHRM; Illinois State Bar Association
News & Press Releases
- Lawmakers Vow to Override Governor's Salary History Bill Veto – Sara Zorich Interviewed by ABC7 NewsSeptember 25, 2018
- 36 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers and 2016 Illinois Rising Stars ListsSmithAmundsen, January 8, 2016
- January 12, 2015
- March 18, 2014
- January 3, 2013
Contributing Author, SmithAmundsen's The Labor & Employment Law Update, a labor and employment advisory blog.
Contributing Author, Illinois Chamber of Commerce's Chamber Dispatch, an HR advisory blog.
- June 8, 2017
- May 18, 2016
- Illinois Business Leader Magazine, May 4, 2017
Presentations & Events
- SmithAmundsen; Lombard, IL, September 26, 2018
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce; Glen Ellyn, IL, June 7, 2018
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce; Webinar, May 24, 2018
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce; Chicago, IL, October 24, 2017
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce; Webinar, October 17, 2017
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce; Webinar, July 25, 2017
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce; Chicago, IL, June 20, 2017
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Seminar; Naperville, IL, February 23, 2017
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Seminar; Chicago, IL, February 2, 2017
- International Recruitment, Visas & Immigration ComplianceDeveloping Effective CMHC Operational Management Seminar, December 12, 2016
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Seminar; Chicago, IL, December 1, 2016
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, November 1, 2016
- Illinois Municipal League Annual Conference, Chicago, IL, September 22, 2016
- SmithAmundsen, Webinar, June 2, 2016
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, May 10, 2016
- Webinar, Illinois Chamber of Commerce, February 25, 2016
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, January 19, 2016
- Lorman Education Services, Webinar, December 3, 2015
- SmithAmundsen 150 N. Michigan Avenue Suite 3300, Chicago, IL 60601; Webinar, November 5, 2015
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, September 10, 2015
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, August 25, 2015
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, June 25, 2015
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, January 20, 2015