St. Louis University School of Law, J.D., 2000
Indiana University, B.S., Accounting, 1997
Joe has been representing corporate, banking, and individual clients for over 20 years. He provides unique assistance to clients in transactional and tax matters due to his experience working for large multinational companies and a “Big Four” accounting firm.
As an attorney and accountant, Joe regularly counsels businesses and individuals in all phases of a business’s life-cycle, including choice of entity, formation, owner and employee agreements, business succession, and dissolution.
Joe teams with banks throughout the Midwest to provide cost effective, attorney prepared and reviewed documents for SBA and conventional loans of all sizes. He also represents banks in mergers and acquisitions and loan workouts, and assists individuals with estate planning and trust administration. As a seasoned attorney, Joe counsels beneficiaries and trustees as they consider critical personal, legal, and financial decisions, including tax and administration issues. In the event of disputes or other unforeseen problems, he diligently works to ensure that assets are distributed properly.
He also works on a range of tax compliance matters related to audits, ruling requests, and tax exemptions, and counsels companies and individuals on income, employment, and sales tax disputes.
Outside of the office, Joe spends time with his family and coaches his children in youth sports.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: The Missouri Bar Association; Illinois State Bar Association; United States Tax Court; Missouri Bankers Association
- Board Member: Chaminade College Prep Hockey Club
- Director, Secretary: Code Smile
- Treasurer, Executive and Finance Committee: Paraquad, Inc. (2010-2019)
News & Press Releases
- February 2, 2021
- January 20, 2020
- March 2, 2018
- January 15, 2016
Presentations & Events
- SmithAmundsen, Webcast, April 14, 2021
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, October 13, 2016
- SmithAmundsen, Seminar, Chicago, IL, September 20, 2016
- Webinar, Illinois Chamber of Commerce, March 1, 2016