Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
Kalamazoo College, B.A.
For John the devil is in the details. Known for being meticulous and analytical, his clients benefit from his methodical approach to litigation.
John represents employers and business owners in general employment matters, including discrimination claims, and wage and hour issues. Though John is a skilled litigator, he also counsels clients on liability issues well before they reach a court room.
Having studied biology prior to law school, John has a habit of diving into new discoveries and a passion for learning. This serves his clients well as he comes to understand their industries and the details of their businesses. John entered the legal field knowing his work would impact people. He never fails to consider how each decision and outcome will impact his clients.
John doesn’t shy away from a challenge either. He once had a breach of contract case with a single plaintiff against a large corporation. Going up against a much bigger and better financed firm, John was able to secure a verdict for his client. This taught John the value of perseverance and to never quit the fight, no matter how daunting the odds may seem.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Chicago Bar Association
Handled an unfair labor practice charge through hearing in the Illinois Labor Relations Board representing a public employer
Represented an employer in a religious discrimination matter in federal court
Represented an employer in a federal court class action matter defending against alleged violations of FSLA
News & Press Releases
Contributing Author, SmithAmundsen's Labor & Employment Law Update, a labor and employment advisory blog.
Contributing Author, Illinois Chamber of Commerce's Chamber Dispatch, an HR advisory blog.
- April 30, 2020
- April 23, 2020
- CDC Issues New Relaxed Guidelines for Safety Practices for Essential Workers Potentially Exposed to COVID-19April 10, 2020
- April 1, 2020
- March 31, 2020
Presentations & Events
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce; Webcast, August 17, 2020
- Chicagoland Associated General Contractors; Webcast, August 6, 2020
- Back to School? What Employers Need to Know About COVID-19 and ChildcareIllinois Manufacturers' Association; Webcast, August 6, 2020
- Back to School: What Employers Need to Know related to COVID-19 and Childcare for the Upcoming School YearSmithAmundsen, Webcast, July 30, 2020