Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D.
Brown University, M.A., Italian Studies
Boston University, B.A., cum laude
When businesses need to secure professional talent outside the U.S., Jacqueline is the attorney they call. She provides business employment immigration services to both corporations and individuals, including employer or family sponsorship and naturalization. She handles all manner of employment based immigration case management, including: H-1B, Labor Certification (PERM), L-1A, L-1B, L-1 Blanket, E-1/E-2, TN, B-1, F-1, J-1 students, researchers and trainees, and I-140 (EB-1, EB-1a, EB-2, and EB-3). She counsels clients on consular processing and Client Adjustment interviews, and has filed Adjustment of Status applications, including Advance Parole and Employment Authorization.
Prior to joining SmithAmundsen, Jacqueline gained experience at a boutique immigration law firm and as an Immigration Specialist for World Relief, for which she obtained Board of Immigration Appeals accreditation, and filed VAWA petitions and Adjustment of Status and Citizenship applications. Prior to becoming an attorney, Jacqueline was employed by the University of Houston and Purdue University as an F-1 and J-1 student counselor. She possesses over seventeen years of experience with immigration issues as an attorney. Additionally, Jacqueline assists clients on I-9 compliance audits and counsel employers on work authorization obligations.
Jacqueline is fluent in Italian. Outside the office you can find her cheering on her twin boys; both competitive swimmers.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA); AILA Midwest Regional Conference Planning Committee 2017, 2018; AILA Distance Learning Committee member 2014-2016; Illinois State Bar Association, Immigration and International Law Committee (2002-2003); Kane County Bar Association, Immigration Committee
Contributing Author, SmithAmundsen's The Labor & Employment Law Update, a labor and employment advisory blog.
Contributing Author, Illinois Chamber of Commerce's Chamber Dispatch, an HR advisory blog.
Presentations & Events
- Business Immigration: Overview and Relevant Updates in the Areas of Work Visas, International Students and Permanent ResidencyKane County Bar Association 2017 Immigration Seminar; Geneva, IL, May 4, 2017
- Overview of Business Immigration Law - Kane County Bar Association Commercial Law Committee PresentationApril 25, 2017
- North Central College Office of Multicultural Affairs, February 6, 2017
- International Recruitment, Visas & Immigration ComplianceDeveloping Effective CMHC Operational Management Seminar, December 12, 2016
- 2016 Kane County Bar Association Immigration Seminar, May 4, 2016
- The 2016 Immigration Almanac: Everything you Need to Know to Prepare for H-1B Season and Permanent ResidencyNovember 14, 2015