IIT/Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2001, Certificate in Labor and Employment
Boston University, B.A., 1997
Beverly strives to understand a client’s business, in order to effectively support it in reaching its goals and addressing its challenges. She knows that solutions are not one-size-fits all.
She represents management before state and federal courts, labor arbitrators, and administrative agencies such as the National Labor Relations Board, EEOC and Illinois Department of Human Rights.
Beverly spent the first half of her career representing plaintiffs, labor unions and multi-employer fringe benefit funds, but has spent the second half of her career exclusively representing employer interests. Armed with this unique perspective, she has extensive experience in employment disputes ranging from discrimination claims to picketing and unfair labor practice charges.
She also regularly counsels employers on maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, assists employers with developing employment policies and executing human resources strategies, negotiates employment and separation agreements, conducts internal investigations, and advises employers in connection with strategic planning related to collective bargaining, fringe benefit fund audits, and withdrawal liability.
Beverly is a frequent speaker at labor and employment seminars, including the Illinois Chamber of Commerce, the Chicago-Kent Institute for Law and the Workplace - Hot Topics in Contemporary Labor Law Conference, and educational programs for various contractor associations, including the Mid-America Regional Bargaining Association, Northern Illinois Building Contractors Association, and the Illinois Road and Transportation Builders Association.
She is a regular contributor to the firm’s Labor and Employment Law Update and the Illinois Chamber of Commerce’ HR Illinois publication. Her articles have been republished by Thompson's HR Compliance Expert | FMLA Compliance and Lorman Business Center’s Legal Compliance Resource.
Selected by the Leading Lawyers Network as an “Emerging Lawyer” in employee benefits law and employment law: management
Memberships & Involvement
- Business Advisory Board: Illinois Chamber of Commerce
- Member: American Bar Association, Section of Labor and Employment Law; Defense Research Institute (DRI); Federation of Women Contractors; Filipino-American Lawyers Association
- Co-chair: SmithAmundsen Diversity Committee (2016 - 2017)
News & Press Releases
- October 5, 2017
- June 25, 2014
- April 11, 2013
Contributing Author, SmithAmundsen's Labor & Employment Law Update, a labor and employment advisory blog.
Contributing Author, Illinois Chamber of Commerce's Chamber Dispatch, an HR advisory blog.
- Before You Seal the Deal: How Multiemployer Pension Plan Withdrawal Liability Can Impact An Asset PurchaseUSLAW Magazine , September 5, 2018
- Illinois Business Leader Magazine, May 4, 2017
Presentations & Events
- Lorman Education Services, Seminar; Chicago, IL, February 21, 2019
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, November 7, 2018
- SmithAmundsen; Lombard, IL, September 26, 2018
- Hot Topics in Contemporary Labor Relations Law Conference; Chicago, IL, June 12, 2018
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, March 27, 2018
- SmithAmundsen Seminar, Chicago, IL; Webinar, February 21, 2018
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce; Chicago, IL, October 24, 2017
- Brando's Speakeasy, June 21, 2017
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce; Chicago, IL, June 20, 2017
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Seminar; Glen Ellyn, IL, April 11, 2017
- Mid America Regional Bargaining Association, Seminar; Lombard, IL, February 7, 2017
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Seminar; Chicago, IL, February 2, 2017
- Construction Law Power Seminar: Critical Legal Updates Impacting the Construction Industry: What You Need to Know for 2017SmithAmundsen, Lombard, IL, January 24, 2017
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Seminar; Chicago, IL, December 1, 2016
- Harry Caray's, Lombard, IL, September 28, 2016
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Bolingbrook, IL, July 28, 2016
- June 23, 2016
- Hot Topics in Contemporary Labor Relations Law Conference; Chicago, IL, June 17, 2016
- Union Audit Funds: Navigating the Lingo, the Demands and the LawIllinois Road and Transportation Builders Association; Webinar, April 14, 2016
- Mid-America Regional Bargaining Associaion; Des Plaines, IL, April 7, 2016
- Union Audit Funds: Navigating the Lingo, the Demands and the LawNorthern Illinois Building Contractors Association; Rockford, IL, March 23, 2016
- Park Hyatt, Chicago, IL, February 18, 2016
- Union Audit Funds: Navigating the Lingo, the Demands and the LawFox Valley Associated General Contractors; Elgin, IL, January 20, 2016
- Chicago, IL, June 25, 2015
- SmithAmundsen, Webinar and Seminar, Chicago, IL, May 7, 2015
- 150 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 3300, Chicago IL, 60601, February 19, 2015