- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Transportation & Logistics
- Corporate & Securities
- Data Privacy, Security & Litigation
- Employee Benefits & Compensation
- Employment Law
- Estate & Business Planning
- Government Regulation, Audit and Compliance
- Health Care Litigation
- Health Care Transactions
- Insolvency & Restructuring
- Insurance Services
- Intellectual Property
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Public Sector
- Real Estate
- Staffing Agency, Independent Contractor & Contingent Workforce
- Toxic Tort & Environmental
- Traditional Labor & Union Relations
- Unfair Competition Counseling and Litigation
- Wage & Hour
- Workers' Compensation
SmithAmundsen was recognized for the fourth year in a row by Equality Illinois as an Illinois law firm leading the way in providing a fair and welcoming work environment for LGBT employees and engaging with the LGBT community.
The equality survey ranked law firms based on criteria of those who self-identify as LGBT and firm overall inclusiveness including EEO policies regarding sexual orientation, non-discrimination, same-sex spousal benefits, transgender inclusiveness and diversity management.
“SmithAmundsen’s success and significant growth to more than 170 attorneys over the last 20 years is owed to the commitment we’ve made to recruiting, mentoring and empowering individuals who bring differing perspectives and experiences to our firm. We are honored to receive this distinction from Equality Illinois for the fourth consecutive year and wholeheartedly plan to continue in our efforts to promote diversity in the legal profession.” - Larry Schechtman, Managing Partner Chicago Office.
Full details on the survey can be found on Equality Illinois' website.