With the rise of workplace violence, the termination process has become more complex. Having the skills and knowledge to prevent or minimize problems during a termination benefits all areas of an organization.
Join Heather Bailey of SmithAmundsen and special guest, Debbie Pickus of Team Fireball Inc., on Thursday, February 7 at 12:00 PM CT for the latest installment of our Labor & Employment Quarterly Series. Heather and Debbie will discuss ways to properly conduct a threat assessment to reduce the risk of workplace violence and employment lawsuits. Specific topics covered include:
- Tips and tricks for effectively terminating the problem employee while avoiding litigation (or, at least, diminishing risks)
- How to properly prepare documentation from start to finish when it's time to terminate
- Personal Safety Awareness: how to heighten your mental, physical and environmental awareness to reduce risk tolerance
- How to recognize a threat before it becomes an issue
- Hands-on learning of basic personal safety skills
Who should attend? HR professionals, business owners, and anyone who regularly handles employment termination meetings with employees.
We hope you can join in-person and via webinar!
Thursday, February 7, 2019
Registration: 11:30 AM - 11:50 AM CT
Program: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM CT
Lunch will be served
CLE - Illinois; 1 Hour
HRCI - credit pending; 1 Hour
150 N. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60601
*Please head straight to floor 31
*Call-in and webinar details will be provided upon registration