Join Darren Grady and Bill Hackney as they present a BankersWeb webinar on the current state of cannabis law and its impact on the financial institutions providing services to the cannabis industry. During the webinar Darren and Bill will offer best practices and discus what the future may hold for cannabis and banking.
During the webinar, Bill and Darren will address the following questions:
- What are the relevant federal, state, and local laws?
- What impact does the Controlled Substances Act (“CSA”) have on financial institutions?
- What are the differences between cannabis, marijuana, and hemp?
- What guidance do federal prosecutors follow?
- How has FinCEN adopted the guidance, including the Cole Memos?
- What due diligence should financial institutions undertake before providing services to cannabis-related businesses?
- What SAR filings are required?
- How will proposed legislation alter the current banking landscape?
- What problems do bankruptcies pose? How can you mitigate them?