During this 90-minute presentation, hosted by the Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Jeff Risch will discuss how to properly and effectively prepare legally sound documentation when preparing for a lay-off or firing the problem employee.
Other notable topics from the webinar include:
- Handling discipline and corrective discussions investigating misconduct
- Documentation 101 - What to record vs. what not to record, confidential information and privacy concerns
- When you have to terminate - Lawful vs. Unlawful reasons (key case law developments); The key mechanics of terminations, most common pitfalls and checklists
- Procedures for Lay-offs - safeguards when conducting a RIF, effective releases, and WARN obligations
- After the separation - entitlements - wage/hour issues, COBRA issues, access to records and references
- Keeping good records from the beginning to the end - what to keep vs. what to toss