During this webinar, hosted by the Corkill Insurance Agency, Matt Horn and Jeff Risch discuss the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act ("CRTA") - which is set to take effect on January 1, 2020 - and highlight some important features Illinois employers should quickly become familiar with.
Notable topics include:
- Differentiating between the different forms of cannabis that can have very different effects on the mind and body;
- Impact of use and impairment;
- The Illinois Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act (CRTA) and amendments to Illinois' Privacy in the Workplace Act;
- Navigating potential limitations on disciplining or discharging employees for off-duty consumption;
- What can/can't employers do with respect to drug testing and prohibiting an employee from working under the influence;
- Can employers take disciplinary action against employees based on a positive drug test if they exhibit symptoms of marijuana impairment?
- Providing employees with a "reasonable opportunity to contest" the basis of the employer's "good faith belief" of their impairment due to marijuana; and
- Best practices to implement moving forward
To learn more and register for the webinar, please contact Christina Anderson.