After almost two years of work by the Senate Task Force on Sexual Harassment, in the summer of 2019, Governor Pritzker signed sweeping legislation for employers regarding sexual harassment in the workplace.
During this interactive presentation, SmithAmundsen attorney and member of the Illinois Senate Task Force on Sexual Harassment, Julie Proscia, and Greg Crawford, AssuredPartners of Illinois, discuss the impact Governor Pritzker's legislation will have on employers and the variety of changes employers will need to be aware of.
Notable topics from the seminar include:
- Current legislation and new laws that will forever change how Illinois employers manage employees;
- Requirements to update training practices, key policies, personnel forms, severance agreements, nondisclosure, and arbitration agreements;
- How (and if) employers will voluntarily resolve employment disputes;
- Requirements for employers to disclose the number of sexual harassment and discrimination settlements or actions against them to the Department of Human Rights;
- Requirements for employers to annually train their employees on preventing sexual harassment;
- Expansion of Illinois harassment and discrimination law to ALL employers, regardless of size; and
- Protection of independent contractors from harassment and discrimination