Avoiding negligent hiring with proper background checks and credentialing are serious challenges for health care organizations. Being aware of and taking the proper steps to avoid issues is critical in today’s increasingly litigious business environment.
Please join Heather Bailey, Jennifer Stuart, and David Jose on Wednesday, March 7 to learn how you can avoid the risks of negligent hiring and credentialing and how background checks can complement this critical process in order to protect patients and the organization from unqualified individuals and limit your organization’s risk. Specific topics include:
- How to avoid negligent hiring through proper background checks
- Learn the EEOC’s requirements for conducting background checks
- What is the Fair Credit Reporting Act and are you compliant?
- What is negligent credentialing?
- Strategies to limit liability
- Credentialing challenges
- Responding to negligent credentialing lawsuits
- Common trends for negligent credentialing liability
- Regulatory and accreditation requirements for the credentialing process
- Laws affecting recruitment incentives and compensation arrangements
- Regulatory penalties for credentialing errors
We hope you can join either in-person or via webinar.
Who should attend? General Counsel, CEO/COO/CFOs, Human Resources Managers, Compliance Officers, Claims Professionals and Risk Managers.
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Registration: 11:30 AM - 11:50 AM CT | Program: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM CT
Lunch will be served
CLE - Illinois; 1 Hour | HRCI - credit pending; 1 Hour | ASHRM - credit pending; 1 Hour
SmithAmundsen, 150 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60601
*Please head straight to floor 31
*Call-in and webinar details will be provided upon registration