Liability is risky business, especially when contracts are involved. Dedicated to helping business owners understand contracts, this Illinois Chamber of Commerce presentation will allow your company to stay in compliance and respond to new opportunities quickly.
Co-presenter Matthew Horn will discuss best practices and tools for implementing a Contractual Risk Transfer Policy and Program. Key aspects of contract law will also be reviewed during the program, such as flow down provisions, primary and non-contributory language, additional insured form requirements and Kotecki waivers.
The 60 minute webinar will cover key legal topics, including:
- Incorporation Clauses
- Conflict Clauses
- Inspection/Investigation Clauses
- Pay if Paid and Pay When Paid
- Changes or Extras in Writing
- Discretionary Language
- Defense and Indemnity Clauses
- Additional Insured Language
- Waiver of Workers’ Compensation Cap (Kotecki Waiver)
- Mediation v. Arbitration v. Litigation Attorneys’ Fees Provisions.
The program will also cover the key aspects of insurance and risk management, such as:
- What to watch out for and monitor
- Tools and Resources relating to insurance and risk management