One of the most important tools an employer has in screening and hiring quality employees is the application and hiring process. The law limits what information an employer can request on an application, as well as specific procedures that must be used when conducting background checks, using those background checks to make adverse employment decisions and in storing the background checks after the fact.
When using background checks, employers need to know what laws they need to comply with and what claims they should be trying to avoid. Michael Wong presents this important webinar, highlighting important information and strategies for structuring an application and hiring processes to minimize potential liability and risks.
Specific topics include:
- Laws Illinois Employers should be aware of
- Information employers should not use – and should be careful in using
- Using the Internet and Social Media when hiring
- The potential claims Illinois Employers can face
- Recent developments in federal and state laws