Whether you want to expand your practice into bankruptcy litigation or are trying to protect your client's interests when pending suits are thrown into the bankruptcy arena, this course is designed to show you how to bring and defend against the most common actions litigated in this setting.
Bill Hackney and other experienced litigators will provide best practices for how to represent your client in bankruptcy court. Attendees will:
- Learn how to identify potential adversary issues and draft complaints
- Perfect motion practice in bankruptcy court
- Know how to handle objections to proofs to claim to protect creditors’ interests
- Learn the procedural steps involved in pursuing motions for relief from automatic stay so other actions can proceed
- Be able to handle preference and fraudulent transfer actions
- and more!
This course is designed for:
- Attorneys who would like to expand their practice into bankruptcy litigation
- In-house counsel and paralegals who deal with bankruptcy issues