This timely presentation will provide attendees with the very latest detailed recap and summary of key statutory changes in Illinois on the topic of workplace harassment and discrimination.
Mike Wong leads this webinar, hosted by the Illinois Manufacturers’ Association. Specific topics include:
- Current legislation and new laws that will change how Illinois employers manage employees.
- Requirements to update key policies, training practices, severance agreements, personnel forms, nondisclosure and arbitration agreements.
- Clarifying that it is illegal to discriminate against an employee if they are perceived to be part of a protected class (i.e. gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity), even if they are not.
- How (and if) employers will voluntarily resolve employment disputes.
- Requirements for employers to disclose the number of sexual harassment and discrimination settlements or actions against them to the Department of Human Rights.
- Expansion of the Victims Economic Security & Safety Act (VESSA) to allow victims of sexual harassment to take unpaid leave from work to seek medical help, legal assistance, counseling, safety planning, and other assistance.
- Requirements for employers to annually train their employees on preventing sexual harassment.
- Expansion of Illinois harassment and discrimination law to ALL employers, regardless of size.
- Protection of independent contractors from harassment and discrimination.
After the webinar, sample policies and content will be distributed to attendees.
- IMA Member $125
- Nonmember $210