The problems that crop up with having employees, whether 5 or 500, can come in all shapes and sizes, ranging from complaints of general unfairness to discrimination, workplace accidents and personal conflicts. Your job as the employer is to investigate and determine what really happened and then take the appropriate action. A good investigation can save your company from liability. A bad investigation can do more harm than good.
SmithAmundsen is pleased to invite you to this complimentary presentation on best practices for conducting an internal HR investigation.
Attorneys Beverly Alfon and Michael Hughes, partners in the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice Group, will share their valuable insight and experience to help employers of all sizes and industries identify and prevent the most common HR investigation mistakes. Specific topics will include:
- Assembling the appropriate investigation team;
- Confidentiality concerns;
- Dealing with reluctant witnesses;
- Proper documentation of investigatory interviews and other facts;
- Methods of communicating investigation findings; and
- Closing the investigation file.
Participants will receive practical guidance for navigating the minefield of day-to-day investigations of employment controversies.
Whether you join in-person or via webinar, it will be worth your time. We hope you can join us!
- Thursday, May 7, 2015
- Registration: 11:30 am - 11:50 am
- Program: 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm CT
- Lunch will be served
- 150 N. Michigan Avenue
- Suite 3300
- Chicago, IL 60601
- Call-in and webinar details will be provided closer to the date of the event.
- CLE and HRCI credit pending.