In session 11 of the 2020 CLM Workers Compensation and Retail, Restaurant & Hospitality Conference Heather Bailey along with other topic experts will provide an overview of assault and battery claims in the hospitality context — patron versus patron; security versus patron; and police versus patron.
Notable topics include:
- coverage pitfalls
- affect of alcohol and drugs on defense
- combining assault/battery with a premises liability claim
- the effect of internal security policies on the standard of care
- the effect of the emergence and availability of body cam footage; and
- the pros and cons of sophisticated surveillance in the context of preventing future spoliation allegations and adverse inference rulings