Join Sara Zorich as she presents an Illinois Chamber of Commerce webinar on several aspects of immigration law applied in the workplace, including verification of worker authorization using Form I-9 (mandatory as of September 2017), E-Verify, and the basics of certain employment-based temporary visas. She will also give a comprehensive immigration overview, as well as any updates on agency enforcement and other employment-based immigration obligations.
This webinar will cover key concepts, such as:
- Immigration overview including descriptions of the several federal agencies involved in immigration and immigration enforcement.
- The New Form I-9; Completing the Form I-9; avoiding common I-9 pitfalls; and conducting internal audits of your company’s I-9s.
- E-Verify – Is it the right choice for your company? The webinar also will cover E-Verify compliance basics and whether enrolling in E-verify will insulate you from immigration audits – or make you more susceptible to them.
- ICE Visits/Audits: Is your company prepared for a government audit?
- Congressional updates: Politics and policy affecting immigration reform.