SmithAmundsen offers a variety of opportunities for new associates, lateral attorneys, paralegals and administrative professionals. We began as a 52 attorney law firm in 1997. We now have over 180 attorneys occupying multiple offices in the Midwest. Our attorneys work in a variety of practice areas and many of them have been with us since the beginning of their careers.
We value innovative thinking, problem solving and hard work. Our attorneys and staff take pride in what they do and strive to exceed client expectations. We also encourage our attorneys and staff to pursue interests outside the office, recognizing that balance is important in life.
In addition to offering a supportive work environment, we have a comprehensive benefits package, a casual dress code, and professional development opportunities. Our benefits include:
- Health insurance - Choice of PPO, HMO, or HSA plan, all provided by Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Vision Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance coverage available for Domestic Partners
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(K) and Profit-sharing plan
- Flexible spending benefit plans for health and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax transportation program
- Paid time off
- Flexible work schedules
- Meal and taxi reimbursement if you work late
- Wellness program
- Professional License reimbursement (ARDC, Bar Memberships, CLE)
- Professional Organization dues reimbursement
- Casual dress
SmithAmundsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support and encourage workforce diversity. We do not discriminate because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, citizenship, creed, marital status, veteran status, age, family care giving responsibilities, genetic profile or predisposition, pregnancy or disability with respect to hiring, promotion, firing, compensation, or other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment.