The John Marshall Law School, J.D., 2008
University of Illinois, B.S., 2004
There are limitless opportunities for businesses and entrepreneurs with vision, enthusiasm and forward-thinking legal counsel. Bill helps clients achieve their goals with this in mind, presenting them with creative and cost-effective solutions in all forms of transactional practice and litigation.
Over the years, clients have appreciated Bill’s forthright communication and thorough understanding of their legal needs. He consistently exceeds his clients’ expectations when handling matters within such realms as breach of contract, construction defect and personal injury, judgment enforcement, products liability, mechanics liens, OSHA-related litigation, insurance coverage matters, premises liability, first-party property insurance disputes, and construction delay. In addition, Bill represents numerous businesses of varying size as outside general counsel, providing practical advice on contract drafting, commercial disputes, risk management/mitigation, and any other business-related legal concerns his clients encounter on a day-to-day basis.
As a member of SmithAmundsen’s construction group, Bill utilizes his collaborative nature and innovative approach to protect the interests of architecture and engineering firms, contractors, developers and insurers. During a recent jury trial, he helped the defense team obtain a favorable verdict for his client, a Chicago-based architecture firm, in a professional malpractice lawsuit with a $3 million jury demand.
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers list of "Rising Stars": 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Illinois State Bar Association; Defense Research Institute; American College of Legal Medicine
News & Press Releases
- March 15, 2018
- SmithAmundsen, January 25, 2018
- SmithAmundsen, January 13, 2017
- 36 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers and 2016 Illinois Rising Stars ListsSmithAmundsen, January 8, 2016
- January 12, 2015
- July 20, 2018
- Construction-Fraud Claims Subject to Five-Year “Catch-All” Statute of LimitationsFGPPR Newsletter, April 2014
Presentations & Events
- Best Practices to Investigate Construction Site AccidentsClient Seminar, February 2017
- SmithAmundsen, Lombard, IL, February 11, 2016