Northern Illinois University College of Law, J.D., 2006, magna cum laude
Northern Illinois University, B.S., 2000
As a former human resources consultant, Rebecca has a unique understanding of the legal landmines her clients face every day. Hot topic issues like employee benefits, executive compensation and ERISA can be exceedingly difficult for employers to navigate without strong and dedicated counsel. Rebecca thoughtfully and skillfully provides management with advice and counsel in human resource employee benefit compliance and employment litigation.
Additionally, Rebecca represents employers in various matters arising under federal and state employment laws, including wage and hour claims and audits, discrimination and retaliation claims and contract disputes. She also advises employers in the highly complex realm of ERISA and IRS regulations.
When she is not working she is actively participating in local events and fundraising efforts within her community in Wisconsin.
Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers list of “Rising Stars”: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Memberships & Involvement
Member: American Bar Association; Illinois State Bar Association; Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel; Wisconsin State Bar Association; National Society of Human Resource Management; American Benefits Council
Past President: Illinois Fox Valley Society of Human Resource Management
Past Board Member: Crossing Rivers Health Foundation
News & Press Releases
- SmithAmundsen, January 13, 2017
- 34 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers and 2016 Illinois Rising Stars ListsSmithAmundsen, January 8, 2016
- January 12, 2015
- January 3, 2013
Contributing Author, SmithAmundsen's Labor & Employment Law Update, a labor and employment advisory blog.
Contributing Author, Illinois Chamber of Commerce's Chamber Dispatch, an HR advisory blog.
Presentations & Events
- December 31, 2019
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Seminar; Waukegan, IL, April 25, 2019
- Best Management of Your Workforce in the Midst of the Opioid Epidemic: Drug Testing, FMLA Abuse and ADA ObligationsSmithAmundsen Seminar, Milwaukee, WI; Webinar, April 17, 2019
- Clear Law Institute; Webinar, February 13, 2019
- Lorman Education Services, Webinar, January 11, 2019
- Lorman Education Services; Webinar, January 9, 2019
- SmithAmundsen, Milwaukee, WI; Webinar, September 12, 2018
- Lorman Education Services; Webinar, July 25, 2018
- Lorman Education Services, Webinar, June 27, 2018
- Lorman Education Services; Webinar, February 26, 2018
- Lorman Education Services, Webinar, December 21, 2015
- Prairie du Chien Area Chamber of Commerce, Prairie du Chien, WI, December 17, 2015
- True Partners Consulting LLC., The Naumoff Group, RBN & Associates, Inc., Chicago, IL, March 30, 2015