Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 2002
Miami University of Ohio, B.A., 1999
For more than 13 years, Rachael has focused her practice on providing advice to and litigation on behalf of insurers, representing insurance clients nationwide with respect to complex insurance coverage issues, bad faith and other extra-contractual matters. She regularly provides counsel to her clients in all aspects of their business, including contract interpretation, policy drafting, and dispute resolution. Rachael has extensive experience in civil litigation and mediation involving a wide range of issues under commercial, professional and personal lines policies, including primary, umbrella, excess and surplus lines.
When Rachael is not in the office she enjoys spending time with her husband and three young daughters.
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: American Bar Association; Chicago Bar Association; Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of insurer finding no duty to defend where underlying complaint alleged intentional and negligence claims
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of insurer upholding enforceability of anti-stacking language in policy
- Successfully defended insurer against third-party bad faith failure to settle claim
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of third-party claim for bad faith failure to settle non-covered punitive damages claim in underlying case
News & Press Releases
- SmithAmundsen, January 13, 2017
- 36 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers and 2016 Illinois Rising Stars ListsSmithAmundsen, January 8, 2016
- January 12, 2015
- January 3, 2013