University of Dayton School of Law, J.D., 2009
Indiana University, B.A., 2004
Philip has a broad range of experience in handling complex disputes for clients across many industries. He regularly advises and defends healthcare providers who are faced with issues involving medical malpractice, contract interpretation, premise liability, products liability, licensing issues, and regulatory compliance. He also helps businesses resolve matters involving non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, fiduciary duties, and tortious interference claims. He regularly represents clients in administrative proceedings and in civil litigation, from inception through jury trial.
Outside of practicing law, Philip serves on the Board of Directors for the Indianapolis Public Library Foundation and the Board of Directors for the Indiana Society for Healthcare Risk Management.
- Selected to the Indiana Super Lawyers "Rising Star" list: 2017, 2018
Memberships & Involvement
- Board Member: Indiana Society for Healthcare Risk Management, 2016-present; Co-President Elect 2018
- Board Member: Indianapolis Public Library Foundation
- Second-chaired defense of general practitioner during jury trial in Marion County Superior Court 14 which resulted in verdict for the general practitioner
- Second-chaired defense of nephrologist during jury trial in Hancock County Circuit Court which resulted in verdict for the nephrologist
- Successfully obtained numerous unanimous Medical Review Panel opinions on behalf of a variety of health care providers including hospitals, health care groups, and physicians
Presentations & Events
- Brando's Speakeasy, June 21, 2017
- New and Different Business Partnerships in Long-Term Care - Preparing to be AccountableLong Term Care Risk Legal Forum, Las Vegas, NV, March 11, 2016
- Tale of the Tape: Video Surveillance in the Long-Term Care SettingIndiana Health Care Association, December 9, 2015