Loyola University, J.D., 2013
University of Iowa, B.A., 2009
Peter has experience being on the other side of the argument. Prior to joining SmithAmundsen he was a plaintiff’s attorney who on a few occasions went up against his current colleagues in court. Let’s just say we’re glad Peter is on our side now.
As a member of the Commercial Transportation Practice Group, Peter represents clients in the transportation industry in litigation, subrogation and contract claims. He is a seasoned trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Outside the office, Peter attempts woodworking, though the results of those projects are far less impressive than his track record in court.
Memberships & Involvement
- Chicago Bar Association: Young Lawyer Tort Litigation Committee, Vice Chair, 2017; Chair, 2016 - 2017
- Obtained a $7,000,000 settlement during a trial for a minor who suffered an orbital blow-out and a comminuted skull fracture when a stolen truck t-boned his mother's vehicle
- Obtained a $1,122,487.48 excess verdict and assignment of bad faith claims for a self-employed handyman who suffered a torn rotator cuff in a car accident caused by a sub-standard insured driver
- Argued motions in limine, jury instructions, prepared all demonstrative exhibits, and prepped numerous expert witnesses in a birth injury trial that settled for $5,000,000 during voir dire
- Blurred Lines: When Can A Doctor Testify Against A Nurse?Trial Journal, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Vol.17, No.1, 2015