University of Pittsburgh School of Law, LL.M, 2010, cum laude
International University of Finance, Specialist (Master), 2008
Donetsk National University, B.A., J.D., 2008, high honors
Olga is an experienced litigator, representing individuals and businesses in business disputes, tort litigation and complex commercial litigation matters. She has seen cases through to successful resolution in trials, arbitrations, mediations, settlements and appeals. Her experience includes handling a wide variety of cases including, breach of contract, employment disputes, personal injury, insurance disputes, copyright, patent and trademark infringement, corporate governance and shareholder disputes, and more. Olga is a highly responsive, efficient and result-oriented attorney who strives to develop creative solutions to her clients’ legal problems.
Previously, Olga devoted her practice to international law, using her knowledge of common law and civil law systems to deal with commercial disputes. She is fluent in Ukrainian and Russian, allowing her to help clients negotiate settlements with entities outside the United States.
Memberships & Involvement
Member: Chicago Bar Association, Chair of the YLS International Corporate & Trade Law Committee
- Obtained a $9 million jury verdict in favor of the plaintiff in a sexual assault and battery case
- Won an early motion to dismiss in a fraud and legal malpractice case and subsequently prevailed on appeal
- Successfully represented a New York investor in a fraud action for violations of the Securities Exchange Act and settled for the amount her client, the plaintiff, asked for in the complaint
- Successfully represented manufacturers sued in federal court for patent and trademark infringement, settling the case for nuisance value
Presentations & Events
- International Appeal of Blockchain and the Future of Cryptocurrency InvestmentsModerator; Chicago Bar Association, 2019
- Practical Overview Of Air Carriers’ Liability Under The Montreal ConventionModerator; Chicago Bar Association, 2017