University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2016, magna cum laude
The University of Arizona, B.S., 2012
As a former plaintiffs’ lawyer Michael knows how the other side strategizes. Having previously represented individuals in class actions across the country, he leverages that knowledge today as a defense attorney. As a member of the firm’s Class Action Practice Group, Michael draws on his experience litigating claims concerning false advertising, products liability, data breaches, and whistleblower suits under state and federal False Claims Acts.
Michael speaks conversational Korean and is also experienced in sophisticated e-discovery practices. With an undergraduate degree in Management Information Systems, Michael understands how to work with IT and is familiar with issues concerning ESI practices.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Illinois State Bar Association
- Represented numerous individuals in class actions across the country, including matters concerning nutritional supplements, products liability and data breaches
- Represented numerous relators in False Claims Act litigation in both federal and state courts
- Successfully resolved matters on behalf of individuals concerning employee and insurance disputes
- COVID-19 and University Closures - What Institutions Can Expect as Students File Class Actions Against ThemThe Defense Research Institution's Commercial Litigation Committee Newsletter, June 2, 2020