Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., 1984, cum laude
Indiana University, M.S.
Indiana University, B.S.
For Mary, becoming a lawyer was a little like joining the family business. Her grandfather was an Indiana Appellate Court Judge and her father and her brothers also became attorneys. After 35 years of practicing law, Mary’s clients have come to know her as a true advocate in the most stressful of situations.
Mary has extensive experience defending matters in the areas of tort and commercial litigation, professional liability and risk management, with an emphasis on disciplinary and licensing matters and medical malpractice defense. Typical representation includes all aspects of insurance defense from onset of investigation, discovery, mediation and trial. Mary represents medical professionals and health care facilities through the medical review panel process, trial and appeal, and administrative actions before various professional licensing boards. Mary also advises and assists clients with various aspects of risk management, peer review and credentialing.
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© in Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© in Health Care Law: 2022
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© in Litigation - Health Care Law: 2022
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© in Lawyer of the Year in Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants, Indianapolis: 2021
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Indiana State Bar Association; American Bar Association; American Health Care Lawyers Association; Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana (DTCI); Colorado Bar Association; Colorado Healthcare Associated Risk Manager (CHARM)
- Indianapolis Bar Association: Volunteer and Committee Co-chair, Homeless Project and Juvenile Court Project
- Volunteer: Hamilton County Drug Task Force; Prevention of Child Abuse, Subcommittee Chairman