DePaul University College of Law, J.D., Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, 2008
University of Illinois, B.S. (Integrative Biology), 2005
Mark’s definition of going the extra mile is to do something that's unexpected; to solve the problem that the client didn't even know they had and fixing problems before they even start.
Mark is a civil defense litigator. He represents clients in the automotive, retail and medical industries that are most commonly facing issues related to the liability of their customers in some kind of negligence.
At the beginning of Mark’s career, he experienced working as a junior defense attorney on a major Illinois political corruption case. That case pitted the defense against not only the U.S. Attorney’s Office, but the F.B.I., the media, and the entire weight of national public opinion. He credits this experience for teaching him how to dig his heels in, stand his ground and fight for the rights of his clients.
Giving back to the community and nurturing that sense of service in other young professionals is important to Mark. He currently serves as president of IGNITE, a 400-member organization for young professionals that fosters community engagement and volunteerism in the Rockford, Illinois metropolitan area. He is also on the board of directors of the Epilepsy Foundation of North/Central Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska.
Mark has a deep sense of curiosity that pushes him to live outside his comfort zone and to constantly strive for trying and learning new things.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Illinois State Bar Association
- Epilepsy Foundation of North/Central Illinois: Vice President, 2017-Present; Board of Directors, 2015-Present
- IGNITE Young Professionals, Rockford: President 2014-2016
News & Press Releases
- October 5, 2017
Presentations & Events
- Startup Week; Beloit, WI, November 11, 2019
- Chicago, IL, June 27, 2019
- Case Law Update for Ilinois Probate LawProbate Section of the Wiinebago County Bar Association, May 11, 2018
- Brando's Speakeasy, June 21, 2017