IIT/Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 1999
Northwestern University, B.A., 1996
Margaret isn't afraid of trying cases; she has been protecting the interests of business owners in and out of the courtroom for more than 15 years. She enjoys researching and marshaling evidence to advocate for a party, and is apt to recognize when a case should be considered for early resolution.
Margaret is a litigator whose representations typically include defending construction firms and apartment / condo owners and managers against all manner of claims. Margaret recently defeated citations issued against a building by the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal following a fire that resulted in the death of a young woman. She also achieved summary judgment on behalf of a church alleged to have employed a reverend who previously engaged in a sexual relationship with a minor. She has tried numerous jury trials and has authored appellate briefs.
- Received "Excellence In Pro Bono Service" Award from United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2015
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers list of “Rising Stars”: 2013, 2014, 2015
- Received Chicago-Kent College of Law Young Alumni Award, 2008
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Illinois State Bar Association; DRI
- Lead Regional Coordinator: TYLA National Trial Competition, 2004 and 2005
- Defeated citations issued to a building by Office of State Fire Marshall following a fire that resulted in the death of a young woman
- Lead attorney for drafting of motions to dismiss on behalf of fraternity members in case where fraternity member died after consuming excessive amounts of alcohol
- Achieved summary judgment on behalf of church alleged to have employed a reverend who engaged in sexual relationship with a minor