Indiana University School of Law, J.D., 1979, with honors
Indiana University Bloomington, B.A., 1976
After more than 40 years of practicing law, and serving as in-house counsel for two large banks, Madalyn has acquired a heightened sensitivity to client service as well as an understanding of the financial industry.
Madalyn focuses her practice on commercial real estate transactions and the representation of financial institutions in a wide variety of commercial lending transactions. She assists clients in structuring complex financing, issues pertaining to real estate as collateral, and recovery of problem commercial loans. Her experience includes the representation of lenders in asset-based lending, middle-market lending, large corporate and commercial syndications, floor plan financing, aircraft finance, construction financings, loans to ESOP's, bond financing, loans that are part of commercial mortgage backed securities and defeasance transactions. She also represents clients in work-outs and restructurings.
Madalyn’s clients include a variety of financial institutions across the country as well as commercial real estate companies and investors involved in the purchase, sale, and management of multi- and single family projects, industrial and commercial properties and commercial leasing.
In addition to her passion for law, Madalyn is also passionate about the arts. Prior to law school she studied journalism and vocal performance. Madalyn is a published author of three mystery novels and one book of humorous essays. Outside the office she frequently takes in live musical and theatre performances, and enjoys classic movies.
- Selected to the Indiana Super Lawyers List: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© in Banking & Finance: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Community Legal Assistance Project; Executive Women in Finance
- Fellow: American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Instructor: Annual RMA Lending School
- Indianapolis Bar Association: Chair of Grievance Committee, Past Treasurer; Past Chair of the Business Section
- Board Member: The Fishers Historical Society