Washington University School of Law, J.D., 1988
McKendree University, B.A., 1985, with honors
Lisa Johnson became a lawyer to use her writing and analytical skills to solve problems. Her practice is primarily focused on the real estate and construction industries. She assists clients in business organization, purchase and sale transactions, real estate title issues, and drafting agreements. She also has experience in the organization, documentation, and management of homeowner and condominium associations, in trademark registration and maintenance, and in loan review, negotiation, and documentation.
Lisa makes it a point to do more than what is required on the job and enjoys helping clients who are enthusiastic about their businesses projects achieve their goals. She provides honest advice to help clients avoid legal problems before they arise.
Away from the office, Lisa spends time with her family, volunteers in her community, and is active in her church.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: American Bar Association; Homebuilders Association St. Louis, Professional Women in Building Council; Community Associations Institute
- Preparation and review of condominium documentation for new condominiums developed in several phases, including review of condominium plats, preparation of HUD compliant governing documents including condominium declarations, and preparation of related business organization documents
- Assisted and participated in the rezoning and application process to allow the development of multi-use new urbanism communities including participation in ongoing legal issues and documentation related to construction, development, intellectual property issues, and community associations related to the community
- Loan documentation related to the financing of business acquisitions and related real estate issues
- Participated and assisted in development documentation including financing documentation and lease negotiation related to a large retail shopping development
News & Press Releases
- March 15, 2018
- March 16, 2018
- June 15, 2017
- December 16, 2016
- April 26, 2016
- June 18, 2015
- May 11, 2015
Presentations & Events
- Homeowners AssociationsSmithAmundsen CLE Webinar, Real Estate Practice Group, April 14, 2015