Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., 2012, cum laude
Bradley University, B.S., 2009, cum laude
Clients count on Keith to forge a strong defense. His careful planning and execution of the discovery process often reveal opportunities to dismiss a lawsuit that might otherwise be missed. Keith looks for creative solutions and works to gain the trust of key witnesses from the onset of any legal issue, which can make all the difference down the road.
Keith has represented clients in product liability, toxic torts and asbestos, construction, catastrophic personal injury, commercial litigation, and insurance matters such as coverage and bad faith. He also represents clients in claims involving defamation, slander, and libel. Keith's business litigation experience includes litigating contract disputes, consumer financial, and non-competition and trade secret matters.
Understanding his clients’ businesses is crucial for Keith. With a background in business and finance, Keith appreciates that decisions in litigation must be made in light of other business goals. His clients have included Fortune 500 companies, product manufacturers, retailers and distributors, landowners, consulting firms, financial institutions, insurance companies, individuals and small businesses.
When he isn’t practicing law, you can find Keith enjoying Indy’s growing food and beverage scene. A Chicago-area native, Keith avidly follows the Chicago Blackhawks and has strong opinions about pizza and hot dogs.
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana, Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year: 2019
- Selected to Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List: 2018, 2019, 2020
Memberships & Involvement
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana: Board of Directors, 2019 - Present; Amicus Curiae Committee, 2018 - Present; Former Chair, Insurance Coverage Section, 2015 - 2018; Vice-Chair, Business Litigation Section, 2019
- Member: Defense Research Institute (DRI); Indianapolis Bar Association; Indiana State Bar Association
- Judge: American Mock Trial Association, National High School Mock Trial Championship
- Board of Directors: Historic Lockerbie Square Foundation
- Defended regional maintenance contractor in complex wrongful death claim arising from a chemical explosion at an Indiana automotive factory
- Defended nation’s largest P&C insurance company in jury trial involving extensive property damage claims in the wake of a tornado
- Defended insurance agency alleged to have negligently misadvised policyholders on selection of policy endorsements
- Defended national restaurant chain and national property management company in jury trial involving tort and contractual issues
- Defended international manufacturer of electronic components alleged to have caused claimant’s asbestos-related cancer
- Defended facility owner before the Indiana Court of Appeals and Supreme Court of Indiana in significant appeal regarding scope of premises liability in connection with independent contractor activities
- Defended distributor of construction materials alleged to have caused claimant’s asbestos-related cancer
- Defended nation’s largest P&C insurance company against claims for contamination losses arising from the manufacture of methamphetamine
- Represented insurer in trial court and subsequent appeal of declaratory matter involving the insurance coverage implications of the Indiana Motor Vehicle Rental Act
News & Press Releases
- SmithAmundsen, February 14, 2020
- January 13, 2020
- USLAW, September 1, 2020
- Handling Depositions Like a ProfessionalThe Indiana Lawyer, October 17, 2018
- Examining the "Special Relationship" and Insurers' Duty of Good Faith and Fair Dealing in IndianaIndiana Civil Litigation Journal, Vol 13, 2016
- DRI Insurance Bad Faith Compendium2015
Presentations & Events
- USLAW Network, Webcast, September 30, 2020 - October 9, 2020
- Indiana Insurance Law Primer: Bad FaithPresenter, DTCI Annual Seminar 2017, Indiana, December 30, 2019