Marquette University Law School, J.D.
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, B.S.
Joe takes great pride in advising a wide array of businesses and professionals in disputes and complex litigation. Joe draws upon his experience representing clients in a variety of industries to structure a path towards a successful resolution. At the outset of a case, Joe partners with his client to identify the bigger picture and tailor a case strategy to achieve a positive, cost-effective result.
Joe’s commercial practice includes both outside general counsel work as well as lead litigation counsel in business disputes of all sizes. As a member of the firm’s Professional Liability practice group, Joe routinely defends architects, contractors, attorneys, accountants and other professionals in high exposure litigation.
Joe also regularly works with employers throughout Wisconsin in employment disputes and defending employers against charges and lawsuits alleging discrimination, wrongful discharge and retaliation.
- Selected to the Milwaukee Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: State Bar of Wisconsin; SmithAmundsen Diversity Committee
- Hispanic National Bar Association: Region IX Deputy Regional President; Member
- Marquette Sports Law Review: Former Editor-in-Chief
- Obtained summary judgment in several legal malpractice claims
- Obtained a directed verdict at trial on behalf of a major retailer in a premises liability case
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing a plaintiff's slip and fall claim and successfully defeated the plaintiff's appeal
News & Press Releases
- November 13, 2018
- SmithAmundsen, November 10, 2017
- March 9, 2017
- SmithAmundsen, November 28, 2016
- Super Lawyers, November 10, 2015
- November 13, 2017
- November 28, 2016
- November 13, 2015
- March 25, 2015
- February 3, 2015
Presentations & Events
- SmithAmundsen, Milwaukee, WI; Webinar, September 12, 2018