Washington University School of Law, J.D.
Southern Illinois University, B.S.
Jim has been representing businesses in various kinds of litigation for more than 25 years. He recognizes that each case is unique and that every client has their own set of goals, which is why he never treats two cases the same. Jim’s litigation experience includes defending against all types of personal injury and other general liability claims, representing businesses in construction and other breach of contract disputes and representing accountants.
Prior to practicing law Jim worked as an internal auditor for a large fortune 500 company. His business background helps him understand the needs and concerns of his corporate clients.
Memberships & Involvement
Member: Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis; Missouri Bar Association; American Bar Association
- Obtained dismissal of wrongful death claims filed against client in federal court on jurisdictional grounds
- Obtained favorable settlement for a construction contractor in a wrongful death case that involved OSHA violations
- Represented accountants in malpractice case
- Obtained verdict in favor of commercial tenant in dispute with building owner
- Represented manufacturer of baby equipment in multi-million dollar dispute with distributor
- Successfully defended wood floor stain and finish manufacturer against product liability claims filed by flooring company workers
- Represented public utility in dispute with contractor over repair of pollution control equipment for a large power plant
- Successfully represented a home builder against breach of warranty claims filed by buyer
- Successfully represented a mobile home manufacturer in product liability claim
- Obtained favorable settlement for distributor in contract dispute with manufacturer of carpet cleaning equipment
- Obtained defense verdict for trucking company in personal injury case filed by passenger car driver.
- Represented public utility before regulatory agency in dispute with commercial customer.
- Successfully prosecuted mechanic’s lien for subcontractor regarding a large commercial development project.