University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 1991
University of Illinois, B.A., 1988, high honors
Jeff provides both litigation and transactional services for clients in need of labor and employment advice throughout the Midwest. Jeff advises employers on compliance with state and federal employment laws, drafting employment agreements and unemployment issues. Jeff handles both litigation and transactional matters, representing clients in matters such as emergency injunctive relief, trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duty, unfair competition, diverse banking matters, commercial landlord-tenant issues and breach of contract cases. He also provides individual clients with wills and living trusts.
Jeff is active in the Rockford community. In August 2009, Jeff was named to the City Budget and Finance Advisory Group. Since May 2010, Jeff has served by appointment on the Intergovernmental Task Force on Government Efficiency convened by the City of Rockford and Winnebago County. He also serves on the Board of Trustees of the Rockford Public Library, on the Strategy Team of Next Rockford, and on the Board of Directors of the Literacy Council of Rockford.
Memberships & Involvement
- Trustee: Rockford Public Library
- Board of Directors: The Literacy Council of Rockford
- Strategy Team: Next Rockford
- Member: Chamber of Commerce Leadership Rockford Program
- Appointment: Rockford, IL City Budget and Finance Advisory Group and Joint Task Force on Intergovernmental Efficiency
Contributing Author, SmithAmundsen's Labor & Employment Law Update, a labor and employment advisory blog.
Contributing Author, Illinois Chamber of Commerce's Chamber Dispatch, an HR advisory blog.
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, 2013-2015
Presentations & Events
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce; Webinar, June 14, 2017
- Webinar, Illinois Chamber of Commerce, February 9, 2016
- Protecting Your Customer Relationships and Information: Strengthening and Enforcing Non-Compete AgreementsSmithAmundsen, Webinar, February 4, 2016
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, February 5, 2015
- Sterling Education Services, Naperville, IL, February 19, 2014
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, January 28, 2014
- Employment & Labor Law for Illinois Employers- 2013 Power SeminarIllinois Chamber of Commerce, August 7, 2013
- Lorman Education Services; Rockford, IL, June 26, 2013
- Rockford, IL, June 12, 2013
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, May 8, 2013
- Drafting Employment Agreements: Protecting Confidential Information and Restrictive CovenantsRockford Area Society for Human Resource Management, April 16, 2013
- Protecting Your Confidential Information and Client RelationshipsLorman Education Services, March 26, 2013