Indiana University School of Law, J.D., 2003
Miami University-Oxford, B.A., 2000, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Hillary does not shy away from the spotlight. Every year the Chicago Bar Association hosts a musical comedy review with a cast comprised entirely of local lawyers and Hillary Weigle is one of its stars. She sings and dances her way into the hearts of millions (ok, maybe hundreds) in the local legal community.
Exceptional litigators often share qualities with good stage performers, and Hillary capitalizes on that fact in the courtroom. She is an enthusiastic litigator, seeing insurance and construction matters through from initial filing to trial or settlement. She counsels clients on issues relating to construction, catastrophic loss, premises liability and products liability and regularly represents contractors and subcontractors in personal injury claims.
Hillary has served as lead counsel in 16 jury trials. Her experience includes extensive work in personal injury, a case involving the wrongful death of a minor child and obtaining a defense verdict in an admitted liability matter where the plaintiff sought more than $1 million in damages. In addition to her trial experience, Hillary also prepares and conducts all facets of multiple arbitrations and mediations as lead counsel in matters involving construction, catastrophic loss, premises liability, employment, products liability and personal injury.
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list: 2011, 2014
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Chicago Bar Association; Women's Bar Association; Defense Research Institute (DRI); National Association of Women Contractors (NAWIC); Federation of Women Contractors (FWC)
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (IDC): Vice Chair of the Construction Law Committee (2018-2019)
News & Press Releases
- April 11, 2013
Presentations & Events
- SmithAmundsen; Oak Brook, IL, January 23, 2020
- UIM and TBI ClaimsClient Presentation; Chicago, IL, September 7, 2017
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, January 21, 2016
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, March 17, 2015