Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, J.D., 2006
University of Illinois, B.A., 2003, Phi Beta Kappa
Darren is a talented litigator, defending clients in all types of matters ranging from personal injury and wrongful death to defamation and discrimination. He serves his clients through open and candid communication and zealous advocacy in and out of the courtroom.
Darren was instrumental in drafting and arguing multiple motions in a complex wrongful death case, which resulted in the elimination of seven of a plaintiff’s eight causes of action before the trial began. In that same case, where Plaintiff’s counsel was seeking in excess of $1,000,000, he was successful in assisting trial counsel to earn a not-liable verdict. The case remains a highlight of his early litigation career.
Darren works within a variety of industries, representing banks, insurance companies, manufacturing companies, medical cannabis businesses, and restaurants.
In addition to his practice, Darren is a member of the Park Ridge Chamber of Commerce. When he is not working he is golfing, listening to music, supporting Chicago’s sports teams and spending time with his wife and kids.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Illinois Cannabis Bar Association; Park Ridge Chamber of Commerce; Defense Research Institute; Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel; American Bar Association; and Chicago Bar Association
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national banking corporation in a premises liability case where the plaintiff was likely to demand nearly $1 million
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national beverage corporation in a personal injury matter
- Successfully defended a national restaurant chain in a discrimination lawsuit after the plaintiff alleged that the franchise location he was operating was treated differently and that he was denied the opportunity to expand to his preferred locations because of his race. After a three week trial, the jury returned a not guilty verdict after deliberating for only 40 minutes.
News & Press Releases
- March 17, 2015
- November 7, 2018
- September 28, 2018
- August 29, 2018
- June 27, 2018
- February 27, 2017
- September 25, 2015
Presentations & Events
- The Claims Association of Greater Chicago Spring Seminar; Oakbrook, IL, April 26, 2018