Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, J.D., 2006
University of Illinois, B.A., 2003, Phi Beta Kappa
Darren is a talented litigator, defending clients in all types of matters ranging from personal injury and wrongful death to defamation and discrimination. He serves his clients through open and candid communication and zealous advocacy in and out of the courtroom.
Darren is growing a practice in the cannabis field nationwide. He works with cultivators, manufacturers, distributors, and entities with connections and business relationships in this exciting and emerging industry with a specialty in CBD. He provides counsel on litigation, corporate, regulatory and employment issues.
An experienced trial attorney, Darren has consistently earned beneficial results for his clients. Darren recently earned a dismissal of 7 of a plaintiff's 8 causes of action in a case where the plaintiff sought damages over $1M, and later helped to earn a not-guilty verdict on the remaining cause of action. Darren has also successfully taken matters to arbitration and earned dismissals for his clients on multiple occasions via dispositive motion practice, most recently for a nightclub after the plaintiff injured her knee while drinking and dancing. He also earned summary judgment on behalf of a national corporation in a premises liability case in which the plaintiff was demanding nearly $1M.
Darren works within a variety of industries, representing banks, insurance companies, manufacturing companies, individuals and businesses in the cannabis industry, and restaurants.
In addition to his practice, Darren is a member of the Park Ridge Chamber of Commerce. When he is not working he is golfing, listening to music, supporting Chicago’s sports teams and spending time with his wife and kids.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Illinois Cannabis Bar Association; Park Ridge Chamber of Commerce; Defense Research Institute; Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel; American Bar Association; and Chicago Bar Association
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national banking corporation in a premises liability case where the plaintiff was likely to demand nearly $1 million
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national beverage corporation in a personal injury matter
- Successfully defended a national restaurant chain in a discrimination lawsuit after the plaintiff alleged that the franchise location he was operating was treated differently and that he was denied the opportunity to expand to his preferred locations because of his race. After a three week trial, the jury returned a not guilty verdict after deliberating for only 40 minutes.
News & Press Releases
- March 17, 2015
- May 1, 2019
- April 3, 2019
- February 15, 2019
- January 24, 2019
- November 7, 2018
- September 28, 2018
- August 29, 2018
- June 27, 2018
- February 27, 2017
- September 25, 2015
- VendingMarketWatch.com, May 8, 2019
- DRI's The Voice Newsletter, January 30, 2019
Presentations & Events
- The Claims Association of Greater Chicago Spring Seminar; Oakbrook, IL, April 26, 2018