The John Marshall Law School, J.D., 2005
University of Illinois, B.A., 1998
Dan has been a litigator for almost a decade. He handles all manner of litigation including civil, corporate, municipal, financial services, life insurance and annuities, banking, premises liability, automobile, contracts and school law. A successful trial attorney, Dan listens and understands his clients’ concerns before partnering with them to determine the best course of action.
When not working or spending time with his family, Dan serves on the boards of several charitable foundations that support medical research for muscular dystrophy. In this role, he directly communicates with scientists across the United States and Europe who are conducting research to find new treatments for the disease and bring them to clinical trials. He is also on the board of directors and served as general counsel for the Kane County Bar Association.
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers list: 2018
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Selected by the Leading Lawyers Network as an “Emerging Lawyer” in personal injury defense law: general
- Received the Outstanding New Lawyer Award at the Kane County Bar Association in 2012
- Martindale-Hubbell BV® Distinguished™ rated
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Illinois State Bar Association; DuPage County Bar Association; Kane County Bar Association, Board of Directors; Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel; Education Advisory Board, Joshua Frase Foundation.
News & Press Releases
- SmithAmundsen, January 25, 2018
- Kane County Chronicle, November 9, 2016
- 36 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers and 2016 Illinois Rising Stars ListsSmithAmundsen, January 8, 2016
- January 12, 2015
- May 21, 2013
- January 3, 2013
Presentations & Events
- Kane County Bar Association, Seminar; Geneva, IL, March 15, 2017
- New Local Court Rules for Civil Proceedings – Kane County Bar Association Hosts Civil Practice Committee MeetingKane County Bar Association; St. Charles, IL, February 9, 2017
- 2016 Civil Practice Law SeminarKane County Bar Associaiton, Geneva, IL, February 25, 2016
- Kane County Bar Association, Geneva, IL, February 19, 2015
- Legislative History, Practical Impacts of Medicare Smart Act on the Bench, Bar and PublicKane County Bar Association, Geneva, IL, October 30, 2013