University of Missouri School of Law, J.D., 2014
William Jewell College, B.A., 2009, with honors
U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri
Dan knows that each of his clients have something at stake. His priority is to obtain the best results and help his clients solve the issues that keep them up at night. As a member of the firm’s Tort Litigation Practice Group, Dan represents clients in a wide range of matters including, breach of contract, real estate disputes and corporate governance. Dan's experience also includes preparing appellate court briefs.
Memberships & Involvement
- Board Member: Young Friends of St. Louis Public Radio
- Member: Missouri Bar; Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a pool contractor in a six-figure construction defect case. Persuaded the Missouri Court of Appeals to affirm the trial court’s award of summary judgment.
- Persuaded the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals to affirm trial court’s award of attorney’s fees following an emergency TRO hearing.
- Secured favorable settlements for homeowners, landlords, and Fortune 500 companies in premises liability suits.
- Represented homeowner at jury trial in a liability only dog bite case. At trial, the jury awarded less than 10% of plaintiff’s last pre-trial offer.
- Obtained dismissal of premises defendant, without payment, in asbestos lawsuit.
News & Press Releases
- January 31, 2017
- SmithAmundsen, January 26, 2017