The John Marshall Law School, J.D., 2004
The University of Iowa, B.A., 1998
Facing a lawsuit is an extremely stressful and demanding experience. Corry empathizes with his clients as they deal with issues that could put their homes, businesses and professional reputations at risk. He advocates for them as if it was his own livelihood on the line and brings a sense of calm to clients in challenging times.
Corry represents businesses and individuals facing claims of bodily injury, catastrophic injury, and wrongful death as a result of trucking and auto accidents, and incidents at construction sites or retail locations.
Prior to law school, Corry worked as a teacher’s aid. Educating people from all backgrounds and levels of education in a way that was not minimizing anyone’s experience made his transition to the legal industry seem like a natural progression. Today he represents clients from all backgrounds, providing them the necessary guidance to get through legal challenges.
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list: 2012, 2013
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Illinois State Bar Association; Chicago Bar Association
- Negotiated a high-low agreement for a property owner during a catastrophic injury trail that saved the carrier $1.8 million and prevented his client from filing for personal and professional bankruptcy.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a dentist in a lawsuit filed by a patient of more than 20 years, who asked for six figures to compensate for alleged dental treatment, pain and suffering, loss of normal life and disfigurement.
- Represented a dentist after a patient claimed her front teeth were ruined following treatment and asked for $900,000 in damages. After five days of trail the jury awarded the plaintiff $45,000, a mere $500 more than what the defense proposed at the onset of trial.