Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., cum laude
DePaul University, B.A.
The best lawyers are smart business people. Carrie has been a student of business her whole life. Her great-grandfather had a seat on the New York Stock Exchange and was president of what would eventually become the Chicago Board of Trade. Hearing stories about him made Carrie curious about the stock market and the flurry of activity on the floor of the exchange. In college she majored in economics and got her first glimpse into business law as a bookkeeper for a prominent Chicago lawyer, which led her to law school. For more than 20 years she has used her keen insights to counsel clients to increased revenues, increased shareholder value and optimal business performance.
As an attorney, Carrie’s goal is to make deals happen. Carrie represents clients in various industries on a wide variety of issues, from day-to-day business operations and contracts, to corporate formation and corporate governance. She also serves as an advisor to the board directors and executive officers. Her practice is focused on corporate and securities, commercial contracts, health care transactions, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, and securities and capital markets.
Outside the office Carrie spends time with her family, helping her kids with art projects and lemonade stands that raise money for the Riley Hospital for Children.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: American Bar Association; Indiana Bar Association
- Served as in-house counsel for management-led buyout of public company and voluntary delisting from NYSE MKT
- Served as in-house counsel for a company named in a class-action lawsuit for wage and hour claims in California and created a successful strategy to locate former employees and negotiate settlements prior to class certification, and was dismissed from the class action over Plaintiff's counsel objections
- Represented national home healthcare company in the sale of 2 subsidiary companies to a statewide skilled care facility in Texas
- Served as in-house counsel for heavy highway construction company in contract negotiations as a subcontractor to the lead contractor in a $2.5 billion Public-Private Partnership, one of the largest infrastructure projects in the country
News & Press Releases
Presentations & Events
- More Regulation and Opportunities for Companies and Banking: What Businesses Can Expect from the Biden AdministrationSmithAmundsen, Webcast, March 31, 2021