University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2013, cum laude
Oakland University, B.A., 2010, magna cum laude
Always attracted to spirited discourse and advocacy for the causes he believes in, Brett aspired to become a lawyer from a young age. As a member of the Product Liability and Construction Practice Groups, Brett generally deals with cases involving personal injury and property damage that stem from faulty products, workplace accidents and premises liability incidents. He provides his clients with representation that is founded on thorough research, confident delivery and industry experience.
Brett sees parallels between his former collegiate baseball career and his current legal vocation. Both require striving for team-oriented goals, focused preparation, strong knowledge of the fundamentals, strategic planning for each opponent, broad vision of the field, and consistent performance to win. Brett works with his clients to provide exceptional client representation no matter the situation.
Memberships & Involvement
- President: Chicago Public Library Foundation's Associate Board
- Chair: Chicago Bar Association Law & Debate Club
- Member: Lurie Children's Hospital's Young Associate Board; Juvenile Protection Association Board; Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Executive Counsel
- Board of Directors: Chicago Area Runners' Association
- Volunteer: Posse Foundation; Notre Dame Club of Chicago Service Committee
News & Press Releases
Presentations & Events
- DRI and Illinois Defense Counsel, Webcast, February 16, 2021
- Drone Safety in Construction Seminar; Woodridge, IL 60517, September 26, 2019
- Construction Expo & Safety Conference; Oakbrook, IL, March 5, 2019