Loyola University Chicago, School of Law, J.D., 2013
Health Law Certificate, 2013
Saint Mary's College, Notre Dame, B.S.N., 1985
In the medical profession law suits are an unfortunate reality. After 20 years in the medical field Betsy decided that well-meaning medical professionals needed someone on their side who understood both medicine and the law. Her nursing experience includes adult medical/surgical and medical/cardiac intensive care. She completed drug research, specifically with the HIV population. As a hospital administrator Betsy gained experience with risk reduction, systems analysis and claims management.
She now defends doctors, nurses and pharmacists against issues such as professional negligence and premise liability. She represents clients in all types of health care settings, including hospitals, long term care facilities, hospice and home health care.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Chicagoland Health Care Risk Managers (CHRMS)
Presentations & Events
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses Meeting; Maywood, IL, November 16, 2017
- Informed ConsentChicago, IL, March 2017
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, March 15, 2016
- Chicago, IL, November 17, 2014
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, November 14, 2014
- Illinois Homecare & Hospice Council, September 18, 2014