Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2010
University of Illinois, B.S., 2006
Allison has spent a majority of her legal career defending employers and understands that each employment matter comes with its own unique challenges and considerations. Allison is a proactive and creative litigator who strives to find the best resolutions for her clients. Dating back to her journalism major, Allison has honed an approachable, understandable communication style and the ability to strategically frame important issues. She now uses these skills to persuasively and accurately tell her clients’ stories.
As a member of our Labor and Employment Practice Group, she handles workplace disputes, including claims for discrimination, harassment, retaliation, lost wages and failure to accommodate a disability. Her experience includes representing clients in a variety of industries, including healthcare systems, state universities, public agencies, and small employers, in state and federal court litigation.
Prior to joining SmithAmundsen, Allison was an Assistant Attorney General in the Office of the Illinois Attorney General’s Employment Law Unit where she represented state agencies in federal and state court and administrative agencies. In that capacity, she defended employers against claims brought under Section 1983, Section 1981, Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FMLA and the Illinois Human Rights Act.
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List: 2020, 2021
Memberships & Involvement
- Young Professionals Board: Equip for Equality
- Obtained summary judgment for client in Title VII claim alleging co-worker harassment
- Obtained summary judgment for client following both parties’ cross-motions for summary judgment on claims for ADA failure to accommodate, ADA retaliation and constructive discharge
- Obtained summary judgment for client on Title VII, ADEA and Section 1981 claims of discrimination and retaliation
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit through motion to dismiss on case alleging ADA failure to accommodate
News & Press Releases
- January 29, 2021
- January 29, 2020
- Business Insurance, March 5, 2019
- February 26, 2019
- April 6, 2016
Contributing Author, SmithAmundsen's Labor & Employment Law Update, a labor and employment advisory blog.
Contributing Author, Illinois Chamber of Commerce's Chamber Dispatch, an HR advisory blog.
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, 2021
- Chamber Dispatch, February 20, 2020
- USLAW Magazine, January 14, 2020
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, 2019
- NAMA InTouch, Summer 2017
- Illinois State Bar Association Diversity Matters Newsletter , June 2017
- The Growth Company's Human Resources Newsletter, Fall 2016
Presentations & Events
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webcast, August 17, 2020
- Back to School? What Employers Need to Know About COVID-19 and ChildcareIllinois Manufacturers' Association, Webcast, August 6, 2020
- Chicagoland Associated General Contractors, Webcast, August 6, 2020
- Back to School: What Employers Need to Know related to COVID-19 and Childcare for the Upcoming School YearSmithAmundsen, Webcast, July 30, 2020
- SmithAmundsen; Lombard, IL, September 25, 2019
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce; Webinar, July 23, 2019
- SmithAmundsen, Webinar, July 18, 2019
- Webinar; Illinois Chamber of Commerce, June 23, 2019
- SmithAmundsen Seminar; Lombard, IL, September 13, 2017
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Seminar; Effingham, IL, March 16, 2017