The John Marshall Law School, J.D., 2007
University of Wisconsin – Madison, B.A., 2004
Alexis defends municipalities and corporations in federal court, state court, and state agencies. She has represented municipalities in FOIA disputes, employment discrimination claims, premises liability matters, personal injury matters, excessive force cases, and workers’ compensation claims.
Her experience as an attorney includes arbitration, appeals, and arguments before the appellate court. Alexis regularly defends high exposure police liability, employment discrimination, and labor dispute cases with damages exceeding one million dollars.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Hellenic Bar Association; Illinois Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association; Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
News & Press Releases
- Children Can Sue Over Birth Defects Allegedly Linked to Dads' On-the-Job Exposure - WorkCompCentral Quotes Alexis MaimonisWorkCompCentral, February 27, 2018
- WorkCompCentral, April 26, 2017
- Alexis Maimonis Quoted in WorkCompCentral Article, “Worker's Future Medical Benefits Factor Into Employer's Obligation to Pay Attorney Fees”WorkCompCentral , September 23, 2016
- IWCC to Stop Mailing Decisions - WorkCompCentral Interviews Alexis MaimonisWorkCompCentral, October 7, 2015
- WorkCompCentral, August 17, 2015
- WorkCompCentral, June 16, 2015
- workcompcentral.com, March 23, 2015
Contributing Author, SmithAmundsen's Labor & Employment Law Update, a labor and employment advisory blog.
- January 9, 2017
- January 27, 2016
Presentations & Events
- Decode Decide Deliver: Ethics and FraudChicago, IL; Informational Conference for Minority Mayors, June 12, 2019
- Subrogation: Maximizing Recovery, Protecting Credits and Facilitating Global SettlementsUSLAW Exchange; Las Vegas, NV, February 9, 2018
- SmithAmundsen, Chicago, IL, August 4, 2016