Marquette University, B.A., 2014, cum laude
Marquette University, B.A., 2011, magna cum laude
Alex represents clients facing lawsuits alleging negligence or breach of contract and administrative actions seeking limitations on professional licenses.
In one of his most memorable cases Alex defended a travel insurance company against a first party claim of bad faith and breach of contract. The plaintiff and policy holder had been injured in Europe and paid out of pocket for an air ambulance back to the United States though her surgery could have been done in Europe. The plaintiff then sued the insurance company later for refusing to pay for the flight. The litigation involved coordinating with physicians, nurses, claims managers and handlers throughout the United States, as well as analyzing medical records from Europe. In the end, Alex was able to resolve the matter in a way that was favorable to his client.
- Selected by the Wisconsin Law Journal as its "2018 Up and Coming Lawyer" in appellate litigation
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: State Bar of Wisconsin; Wisconsin Defense Counsel; Claims and Litigation Management Alliance; Brown County Bar Association
- Successful representation of a trust and estates attorney at summary judgment and appeal in a legal malpractice case alleging trustee negligence in the handling of estate litigation
- Successfully defended four physicians at trial in medical negligence cases, including one directed verdict
- Successful briefing at the circuit court and court of appeals on behalf of an insurance company in a coverage case involving issues of pollution exclusions and mold/fungi exclusions