Our tax attorneys dedicate their practice to the complete array of ever-changing tax issues. Our attorneys have advanced legal and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualifications for advising individuals and businesses, and offering extensive tax planning and tax controversy services.
We have immediate access to subject matter legal professionals practicing in virtually any area of business law or litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Controversy and Collection
- Payment Arrangements
- Choice of Entity
- Corporate Reorganizations
- Exempt Organizations
- Aerospace Planning and Compliance
- State and Local Income and Sales/Use Tax
- Preparation of Income, Gift, Estate and Fiduciary Tax Returns
- Due Diligence Review for Merges and Acquisitions
- Like-Kind Exchanges
- Tax Opinions
- Tax Allocation Agreements
- Ruling Requests
Our work includes planning tax strategies for businesses and individuals, transaction support, applying for rulings and determination letters, and representing clients in tax disputes with various government agencies. Our representation of business clients also includes providing advice during all phases of the business life-cycle. We represent tax-exempt organizations and foundations addressing issues of formation and operation. We also represent clients in disputes with various state and local revenue departments in cases involving income, franchise, property, sales/use taxes, and unclaimed property.
U.S. News – Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" – Tax Law – Tier 2 – St. Louis Metropolitan Area
Presentations & Events
- SmithAmundsen, Seminar, Chicago, IL, September 20, 2016
- Webinar, Illinois Chamber of Commerce, March 1, 2016