Daniel Whiston, a partner in the firm’s St. Charles office, received the Kane County Bar Association’s Outstanding New Lawyer Award for 2012. In 2012, Dan completed a one-year term as General Counsel for the Kane County Bar Association; a position rarely held by attorneys so early in their career. Dan was selected to receive this honor based on his commitment to the association and the legal profession as well as his significant contributions to the community. Dan has achieved a remarkable level of professional development at this early stage of his legal career. Congratulations to Dan!
The criteria to receive this award include the following:
- Each candidate should be a new lawyer in their first eight years of practice
- The emphasis should be on someone who has shown a commitment to the Bar Association through committee involvement and other recognized contributions to the Bar Association and/or the legal profession
- The candidate should exhibit a commitment to community involvement
- Candidates should demonstrate a high level of professional development for their career level
- All candidates for nomination must promote a positive view of the legal profession through integrity and professional responsibility.